Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Never would I have thought!

If you would have asked me two years ago... did I like scrapbooking? I would have said "Yeah, it is alright". Now, I am totally addicted! I joined SGD's monthly page kit club and card kit club. You have never seen a girl so excited for the first of the month. I just can't wait to see what the ladies have put together! This month the kit was a little delayed due to the unfortunate ankle incident Sheila (the owner) had during a girls night out. Don't worry she's alright and recovering nicely...So she was able to put the final touches on the kits until she returned. Then Lori kept on posting some teaser pictures of the kit and I was going nuts! Then the date was given...kits would ship out June 9th!!! My countdown began!
Yesterday for some reason my bloc lost all power! I was sitting on my couch a little grumpy and tired (it was a rough night with my poor Charlie teething), wondering when I would get my first coffee. At 8:05 am, I heard someone at the front door. My hubby and I thought it might be our neighbor checking in on us. Yet when I opened the door there he was walking away my courier man. He had stuck my box in between the door. He had not wanted to wake the baby so he didn't ring the bell. Well, all the kids are now at the door with me waiving and cheering! He told me he saw the box knew it was for me and figured would hit the house first as he knew it was late this month! I should mention how impressive this is Canada Post is currently in dispute with rolling strikes. Sheila sent my kit on Monday and by Tuesday 8 am I had my package!

 Here is my first page created with SGD 's June Kit! I distressed my 12x12 green card stock then distressed the PinkPaisley Butterfly Garden paper to 10x10. Using two previous scraps of green and brown cutting them to 5x7 also distressed. Framed my picture and adding Bling around the picture itself. I used three flowers provided in the kit and pearls left over from May scrap kit. Added the birdcage and bird and made something of a stickle line. Added stamped images on the paper using Bobunny timepiece stamps. Last but not least finished off with glimmer mist! And voila here is my picture of Sophie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate all comments :) They make my day :)