Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Let's Scrap meets The Color Room with an announcement!


I am actually writing this blog post in early July, however, due to challenge requirements and DT applications I cannot post until today :)

So during my late night journeys in cyber space, addicted to my scrapbooking blogs I came across Scrapbook Calls which lists who is looking for what and various contest. I started looking at the DT announcements and that is what brought me to Let's Scrap! Mostly because of the name! Most of the time I'm always hearing myself say... Let's scrap. I started looking at the various sketches and thought wow I have to try some of these! But what really caught my attention was that only layouts based on the sketches can be loaded up in the gallery! At first I thought to myself wow I normally sketch a layout and don't stick with it.. how would I do with this... which meant it was a challenge!!! Ah I love my challenges. Plus I love working with Sheila & Lori's SGD Kit so I didn't think this would be cheating on my beloved SGD girls! I could have the best of both worlds!

So I set off to try and complete my first Let's Scrap layout! What do I do? I switched it up. Since very few of my LO's are two pages I decided to do the right side of the design but flipped it!











Now over the past few weeks I also noticed on Scrapbook.com most of my favorite artist always posting layouts for the The Color Room challenge. So I decided to check it out! Well, here I discovered instead of sketch challenges (which are optional) it bases itself on color! Well color me Green!!! More ways to improve my skill! And work with more colors and Challenge!!!  So these were the colors for this week!















So I took my new found sketch site and my new found color site and created the below!
Now I have to say I had a ball!!! The only hitch is well since I don't see color so well ... I would pick the paper and he would tell me if the color was right based on what the site said. For the color room you have to use the four colors in the sketch and you can also use white/kraft or black as compliments. So I started and within an hour I was done!!! Which for me that is good!
I love my butterflies and love the fact that I used them as a border! And used Bling for another border style.










Really had fun "blingin' it up"! and well right now my style is distressed so inked my corners with Tim Holtz  distress ink Vintage color. Also used Black ink too!










Products used: 
Green cardstock
Kraft cardstock
Tangerine cardstock
Blue cardstock
3M Glue Stick
Tim Holtz Vintage Distress Ink
Martha Stewart Butterfly punch
Fiskar's circle punch
Tim Holtz stamp
Bling from dollar store

So I am thrilled to announce that I am now on the Let's Scrap Design Team!!! The notice went out on facebook earlier today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate all comments :) They make my day :)