Monday, July 25, 2011

The Ribbon Challenge 105 with the Memorable Season Sketch

Let's Scrap has weekly challenges to keep us scrapbookers on our feet. This week Teresa Davis challenged us to use up some of our ribbon. Now I have to say ribbon and I... we are not always on the best of terms. I don't think I have quite developed the skill to properly embellish with them. So this was going to be a challenge!!! Now on the flip side, I have enough ribbon to choke a small dying horse. Every time, I got pregnant I was fortunate to receive some baby style scrapbooking goodies to play with!!! This also included ribbon, and when you don't use ribbon very often ... ok ... almost never, it accumulates. So seeing this challenge I decided I was going to try and get rid of some of my stash. I started off trying to place them every which way, nothing appealed to me. Then I had the brilliant idea to make flowers from them! Yes I have a million flowers I could have used but why not try something new?!?! So,  I started creating the ribbon flowers  at first with brads and using my Xyron. It was working but not how I needed it to. So not having a hot glue gun, emailed my neighbor and the good crafty lady that she is sent one over! And voila I played around and made my own flowers out of ribbon. I will later create a tutorial of how I made them but I've burnt my fingers enough for one night!

The sketch I used was from Cheri's memorable season sketch that I flipped

I braided the ribbon and then went in a circular motion to create the below flower

 I bunched up ribbon and added a button for the baby feet ribbon and then cut strands for the yellow and white flower
As with the above flowers I braided the angel ribbon and glued to a circular cut cardstock piece and with the second flower cut even pieces and glued a button. 

And that is it for tonight! And as I am finishing off this little entry, realized that my colors match the color pallet for the color room challenge! Creative night for me! Thank you for stopping by :) 

Products Used:
Co Ordination cardstock
6 various types of ribbon
hot glue/hot glue gun
buttons
3M glue
Tim Holtz distress ink
misc paper (unknown manufacture for circles and background)

2 comments:

  1. Love hopping over from Let's Scrap to see the details of your creations, Lynn! Another superb layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is a beauty, love the ribbon flowers, distressing and colors and what an cutie in the photo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate all comments :) They make my day :)