Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Here is your moment to shine

It has been some time since I've posted and well it has been some time since I have scrapped. Around the time of my last blog post,  we just purchased our new home. So packing up the old place and moving to a new city, getting two kids ready for school and the implementation of a new system at work, I've been busy. Starting to settle in to our new home,  I unpacked my scrapbooking supplies last week. I also need to start getting ready for my weekend retreat with SGD! My plan is to make kits for the SGD retreat, and get the kids school books done. I fell in love with MME Chalk Studio! Perfect to create the kids school albums! What I love the most about the MME lines are the colours and the sayings found on the Chalk Studio. Here is a page I completed using the MME sketch as inspiration to capture Sophie's first day of school. I flipped the picture on the sketch and added the journalling at the bottom. 



I used three different collections for this page, Chalk Studio, Stella Rose & Collections. The brads are MME, the butterflies are from Studio Calico along with the mask used, tickets and pearl beads are left overs from my stash.  


I did some masking with Mr Hue spray and gold glimmer mist. Distressing with my zutter and tried to emboss my inked butterflies (this did not work for me so much but I tried). Sophie loves bright colors mostly pink so mixing the various collections worked well for me. 


Sophie starting grade one has been a big change for our family. She's a big girl now. And I have to let go a little trust that she will apply what I've taught her. She will always be my baby girl. 


Hope you are having a fabulous day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate all comments :) They make my day :)