Wednesday, March 14, 2012

-Adore- Challenge 33 MME

Hello! Hello! Hello! Well I am still working through my paper and stash and found these beautiful papers by My Mind's Eye! On their blog they are having a sketch challenge! I decided to give it a go! This is one of my favorite picture's of my husband and I back in 2004. It was taken during our first trip to my hometown. I remember being so nervous going back home. Dave was my rock, listened to all my stories. Fast forward eight years later and he is still my rock. I adore him. Last month our youngest was admitted to the hospital for a couple of days and I am so thankful that Dave was there. Now this week, the kids are sick again and there is my Dave right there in the thick of it. Again, my rock. These papers were perfect for my picture. Using card stock from my stash I distressed and layered these yummy papers. 
I tried to mix and match the tones of these rich papers! 

I used the MME bling, Prima flowers from my stash, but I made the big flower picture here is actually ribbon from my stash that I formed into a flower with a glubber. I also fussy cut part of the paper adding a few viva pearls. 
A close up of the clustering and ribbon. I was trying to play and work with ribbon ... not really what I was going for but practice, practice, practice.  The big rage is all about banners. I tried to add a banner but had a little oops with the viva decor pen. 
I tried to fix it, can you tell? Well, I am off for the week and hopefully will get more scrappy time in :)

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate all comments :) They make my day :)