Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Step out of your comfort zone

Hello crafty friends, 

My tutorial is a little different this month. Making your pictures work with your layouts. I have so many pictures printed ready to be scrapbooked. But sometimes the background of the picture does not go with the papers I have fallen in love with February's amazing kit I fell in love with all the love themed papers from the Crush Collection from Authentique. 



I also loved the fabulous Christmas pictures my photographer took, that I did not have the chance to scrap. 


So I took a chance. I fussy cut the chair and my son out from the picture. 
I then matted the picture against a black background. I choose the black because it would match my letters and the very awesome pattern paper.  



To make things flow I added stars and and inked my hearts in black in to bring the picture and layout together. 




I will admit it was a little scary for me cutting pictures (I made sure I had copies) but I love the effect. Here is a sneak at another project in which I dared cut my middle son from the background. 



Hope this tutorial helps you step out of your comfort zone and try something a little different. 

Don't forget to stop off at the My Creative Scrapbook website and check out all the amazing kits being offered! 

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate all comments :) They make my day :)