Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Original

Today I am sharing a layout I created of my Dad. 
He suddenly passed away in March. 
I miss him so very much. Life is just not the same without him. 
He was the Dad that always brought me to school on the first day every year. 
He would come home with flowers for us girls just because. 
He was the first phone call of the day on my birthday. 
He was the Dad that taught me how to change a tire, filter, break light and the list goes on. He was the Dad who rocked out with me to Metallica on the drive to school. 
He introduced me to the love of coffee and James Bond movies. He even gained weight with me while pregnant for my first child. He was the true epitome of a family man. It was an honor to be one of "Lloyd's girls". He is the original man. Miss you. 


So today I am sharing a layout I created about him. 
I was inspired by Laura's August sketch from Stuck?! Sketches. 













Close up 







I love the Prima - Mini Stars Finnabair Mechanicals Metal Embellishments. 


Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. WoW! Lynn you made me ball! {{hugs}}
    Love this masculine take on the sketch, your stitching and all your embell-y's
    Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!
    XOXO Danie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing testimony! Love the masculine feel to the page and all those embellishments are making me giddy! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page, love the accents and earthy colours! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wood panel background works so perfectly with the neutral tones, a beautifully scrapped page. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate all comments :) They make my day :)